The Nantucket Land & Water Council is looking for a passionate individual to join our team. The Nantucket Land & Water Council (NLC) is a non- profit organization focused on protecting and preserving Nantucket’s natural and water resources. NLC works across the island of Nantucket conducting water quality and ecosystem research, educational programs, land protection, and advocacy.
The Environmental Program Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of education, outreach, and advocacy efforts for island-wide land use and sustainable growth initiatives. These efforts may include giving presentations, writing reports, producing educational publications, and advocating for policies or practices that preserve Nantucket’s environment. Specific projects may be catered to the strengths and skills of the successful candidate.
A primary focus of the NLC’s land protection work is our Conservation Restriction (CR) program. The Environmental Program Coordinator will oversee this program, including the inspection, monitoring and stewardship of the NLC’s existing CRs, and will work with landowners, local government, and state agencies on the drafting and recording of new CRs.
- Develop and facilitate land use education, advocacy and outreach programs, establishing relationships with landowners and the community across Nantucket.
- Oversee and implement existing CR program, including annual inspections, reporting, and CR property owner communications.
- Work with NLC staff to integrate natural resource research with land use and development policy to inform advocacy and outreach.
- Represent the NLC before local regulatory and advisory boards on land use, growth and development issues.
- Work with the Town of Nantucket, as well as other nonprofit organizations and businesses across the island to implement NLC’s strategic natural resource and land use goals.
- Participate in organization-wide events and initiatives.
Qualifications or Requirements include:
- Degree or experience in natural resources, environmental science, land management, or related field. Candidate may also be working towards a degree.
- Proficiency at using MS Office; experience using GIS as a planning/mapping tool preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Willingness to conduct fieldwork.
- Written and spoken multilingual ability a plus (Spanish or Portuguese preferred).
- Experience in education, teaching, or public speaking.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Position may be filled as part-time or full-time. Flexible start date.
Please submit a cover letter, resume or CV, and contact information for at least two professional references to: email@example.com
Nantucket Land & Water Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.